Painting Cape Town: Graffiti from South Africa
Shelflife Online Store presents the Painting Cape Town: Graffiti from South Africa.
Painting Cape Town: Graffiti from South Africa provides the reader with an insider view into the graffiti subculture in this well-known South African city. The book includes interviews with 29 of Cape Town's most prominent graffiti artists. Each story provides a unique insight into the rationale behind the artist's passion and obsession for spreading their names. The history of the graffiti scene is traced from its beginnings on the Cape Flats in the 1980s and its roots within hip hop culture to the current graffiti scene polarised by contempt and praise. Painting Cape Town is the first publication of its kind and the reference text on the subject. The text is coupled with over 150 full colour illustrations.
Matthew Olckers started photographing Cape Town graffiti in 2007. He shared his photographs on a blog named Painting The Town. Through the blog he was able to make contact with graffiti artists in the city. During 2010, Painting The Town became inactive and Matthew focused full time on producing a book. In light of the increasing popularity of graffiti (and its close cousin Street Art) the aim of Painting Cape Town is to recognise the graffiti artists who have made an impact on the surfaces of the city though the quantity and quality of their work. Matthew's book gives you a chance to get inside the minds of the key figures in this misunderstood subculture.
Buy your Painting Cape Town: Graffiti from South Africa online! Worldwide shipping available and free delivery in South Africa.
- Returns and or exchanges are only accepted within 14 days of order creation.
- Clearance/Sale product: may not be refunded or exchanged. All Clearance sales are final and will not be accepted for refunds or exchanges.
- To be eligible for a return, or exchange your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it in. It must also be in the original, undamaged packaging i.e. the Shelflife carton it is shipped in. Should you not ship it in this carton, there will be penalties due to damage on product.
- In the event of a return due to a customer fault, such as the ordering of the incorrect size, the customer will be fully liable for all return shipping fees incurred. Shipping fees for collection within South Africa are R50, re delivery will be a further R50 (in total R100).
- In the case of a refund however, Shelflife will deduct R200.00 from the order amount to cover all shipping costs including the original delivery cost.
- In the event of a return due to a Shelflife fault, Shelflife will cover full shipping fees incurred.
- To book in your return please contact [email protected] or book in your return collection here