adidas Originals presents the third and final chapter of the collaborative project with Daniel Arsham – ’Hourglass’, a short film exploring the artist’s fascination with identity and experience through the lens of cultural ephemera. Once again taking the audience on a journey of discovery, intrigue and exploration, the third film is a continuation of the narrative turning its attention to the ‘Future’ to explore the relationship between art and chaos whilst revealing details of his collaboration with adidas Originals and the third sneaker in the series. Part-documentary, part-work of fiction, ‘Hourglass’ is a film told in three parts depicting the past, present, and future.
The final instalment of ‘Hourglass’ sees the story come full circle as we are formally introduced to Arsham from the future. The hourglass motif returns again, this time featuring prominently as ‘future’ Arsham and ‘present’ Arsham come into contact for the first time. An exploration of causality and temporality, the third chapter follows a struggle between the two Arshams as they both question the necessity of struggle in the creation of art. Masterfully culminating the series, the final chapter is cathartic without providing answers - the question remains: ‘if you could save yourself from the trauma of a past experience, would you?’
The third sneaker in the collaborative series with adidas Originals, THE FUTURE, appears throughout the film’s final chapter. Made-up in a fully primeknit upper that reveals the word ‘FUTURE’ when exposed to UV light, the ‘FUTURE ARSHAM’ features adidas’ revolutionary new 4D tooling. Staying true to the creative ethos of the collaboration, the sneaker comes packaged in a sealed box, accompanied by a pair of socks, gloves, and a bag. The sneaker and its unique presentation are physical realisations of both adidas Originals and Daniel Arsham’s relentless commitment to innovation and creativity.
The adidas by Daniel Arsham 'FUTURE' 4D will drop exclusively via Online Raffle on Friday the 12th of October 2018 for the retail price of R6999.00
Sizes: UK7.5, UK8.5, UK9.5
Shelflife presents the Online Raffle system which will allow you to enter for the opportunity to purchase the adidas by Daniel Arsham 'FUTURE' 4D dropping this Friday the 12th of October.
Please see below the Terms & Conditions for the online raffle release.
1. This raffle is free and open to all people residing in South Africa ONLY.
2. By entering your name, shoe size, valid bar-coded ID or Passport and email address, your name will be entered into the draw for the opportunity to buy the adidas by Daniel Arsham 'FUTURE' 4D in your size, at the given date and time.
3. To qualify for the opportunity to purchase online, you must have a confirmed online profile/account with www.shelflife.co.za. To create your account, please sign up HERE. Please ensure your account is updated with contact details, and shipping information. If you have already created an account with www.shelflife.co.za in the past you do not need to create a new one.
4. After completing an online profile on www.shelflife.co.za , you can enter the raffle via our dedicated links below with your details from 11h00am on Tuesday 9th of October until Friday 10h00am on the 12th of October 2018. Once your form is submitted, you will receive an email confirming your entry. If you enter multiple times you will be disqualified.
5. The winners will be drawn at random and will be contacted and invoiced from 10h00pm-11h00am on the 12th of October, via email only (please make sure the email you have created for your online profile matches your online competition form). Online Raffle Winners will have until Saturday the 13th of October 12h00pm to make payment for their online order. Should payment not reflect by then, they will be removed from the raffle, and Shelflife will continue to the next participant. Payment will only be accepted via EFT/cash deposit.
6. Successful entrants will be eligible to purchase their size they have selected ONLY in the online raffle form and must settle payment in full prior to receiving their pair.
7. Each successful entrant will have the right to purchase one pair of adidas by Daniel Arsham 'FUTURE' 4D in the size they indicated on their entry. Entrants may not swop sizes nor request another size than the one they indicated in their entry.
8. The adidas by Daniel Arsham 'FUTURE' 4D will cost R6999.00 each and is payable via EFT/cash deposit only during the allocated time online. Limited sizes and quantities are available.