After being in business for the past 10 years, we’ve met numerous sneaker collectors that have walked through our store. From those who purchase sneakers simply to collect as art to those breaking their backs at the office to make sure they can cop those Jordan’s they’ve been admiring for years – we’ve met them all.
Over the course of the year we will be sharing sneaker collectors who we’ve come to meet and admire in our store over the past few years and we thought we would share a little bit about them with you. This is a new blog feature and we encourage followers to share their own personal collections with us.
First up, is Mac Musewe who is based in KZN however makes a monthly visit to Shelflife store as well as weekly orders from our online store! Mac has been collecting sneakers since he was a youngster and he isn’t close to stopping yet.
The start of his collection
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself; who you are, what you do...
My name is Mac Musewe aka Boss Mac. I am based in KZN & own my business within the healthcare sector.
2. Why did you start collecting sneakers?
I have always loved sneakers since I was a little kid and promised myself that one day I would have so many sneakers they would fill up a room. My wife has also been very encouraging & supportive of me to be able to live out my dream.
A sneak peek at his sneaker room
3. What was your first sneaker love?
I always loved the bubble Nike Airs. Wow what a shoe. Whenever I saw other kids wearing it my heart would literally melt.
4. Which sneaker do you think is overhyped?
The Yeezy by Adidas even though I own two pairs. Lol
5. When you look at your collection, which pair of sneakers could you never part with?
Most definitely my Jordan 6 & Kobe Snake Skin. I just adore these two sneakers. Don’t forget my Jordan 2(The Don).
6. Do you have a favourite brand?
Yes, Most definitely NIKE…
7. What was the first sneaker you ever purchased?
It was the Air Jordan Fly wire & I still have them in a perfect condition.
8. How many pairs of sneakers do you currently own?
I stopped counting when they got to 500… but close on a 1000 now…
9. What’s the most you’ve ever paid for a pair of sneakers?
10. What sneaker was it?
Jordan 2-Just Don
11. If you had to pick 3 favourite sneakers, what would they be?
Jordan 6, Jordan 2-Just Don & My Air Max 95’s.
12.Have you travelled somewhere to purchase a pair of sneakers?
I travelled to Footlocker in Dubai just to get 5 pairs of Air Max’s which you could not get In S.A.
Thanks Mac for sharing your collection with us, stay tuned for the next sneaker collection!