First, the white and red of the iconic colourway draws quite literally along itself, with rushed fill along all panels following theme with dedication. Handwritten notes are spread throughout the shoe along with the printed warning “SKETCH, PROPERTY OF NIKE, NOT FOR RESALE” hidden on the inner lining.
Branding elements can be found on the panel swoosh similarly coloured in like the mudguard, along with an embroidered Nike Air emblem and Hatfield’s signature on the heel. The translucent sole revealing sketch lines add a finishing touch.
Next in the 'Sketch to Shelf' pack is the 'Schematic' in a more simple version covered in a white colourway. It features minimal accents, only favoring the dotted lines, denotative typography hits, and contrast stitching in dark black.
Additional details include designer Tinker Hatfield's signature on the heel, along with the "Schematic Property of Nike Not for Resale' printed on the inside. Adding to the theme is a white midsole with black outlines that bears similarities to the work of artist Joshua Vides.
The Nike Air Max 1 Tinker 'Sketch to Shelf' Pack drops 24 August for the retail price of R2399 each at our CPT and JHB stores via live raffle. JHB raffle from 9am, CPT from 9:30am. The online store will release at 9am via first come first served.
Sizes: UK6, UK7, UK8, UK9, UK10, UK11.
STORE - LIVE RAFFLE
1. Arrive at Shelflife Cape Town before 9:30am or Johannesburg before 09:00am.
2. Raffle arm bands will be handed out by Shelflife employees for 30 minutes until the live raffle draw begins. No participants can join after the the raffle begins.
3. You must have a valid ID/passport with a matching credit/debit card in order to purchase.
4. If your number gets called you gain access to the store to purchase one of the release sneakers. Please note sizes are limited and Shelflife cannot guarantee pairs, and or sizes. Only one entrant may enter and cannot be accompanied by anyone. Entrants must be over the age of 12 years old.
5. No swapping of arm bands are permitted, broken arm bands will not be accepted.
6. 1 arm band per person.
7. Shelflife has the final say in all sales of the Nike Air Max 1 Tinker 'Sketch to Shelf' Pack .